Just because you’re out on the road doesn’t mean that you can’t eat fancier meals. This recipe takes a bit of time and preparation, but the results will speak for themselves. Try it the next time you’re at the campground or RV park – just make sure you dropped by a grocery store beforehand to pick up ingredients.
Lobster Tail with Garlic Lemon Butter
- 4 lobster tails (5 to 6 oz each)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, very finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- Use kitchen scissors to cut through the top shell of the lobster tail, stopping at the base of the tail and snipping through the top portion of the meat as you go.
- Flip the tail over to the back sea-through side and crack the ribs in the center. This will help open the shell.
- Open the shell carefully using thumbs and fingers and loosen meat from the shell (remove vein if present). Lift the meat from the shell, keeping it attached at the base. Press the shell together and set the lobster meat over the top. Most of the lobster meat should be sitting on top of the shell.
- Place rack in center of oven so the meaty tops of your lobster tails will be at least 6 inches from the top heating element. Preheat oven to broil.
- In a small bowl, stir together marinade ingredients: 1 Tbsp parsley, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp dijon, ¼ tsp salt, ⅛ tsp pepper, 1½ Tbsp olive oil and 1½ Tbsp lemon juice.
- Place butterflied Lobster Tails into a 9×13 or 8×12 roasting pan. Divide marinade evenly over the tops of each lobster tail and dot each tail all over with ½ Tbsp of butter cut into smaller pieces.
- Broil lobster tails 10-11 min. When done, lobster meat should be opaque and white in the center and register 145˚F on an instant read thermometer. Transfer to serving platter and garnish with parsley if desired.
- To make the Garlic Lemon Butter: drain drippings from the roasting pan into a small saucepan and combine with remaining 2 Tbsp butter, bring to a simmer and remove from heat. Pour over lobster tails or divide into ramekins and use as dipping sauce.
Visit Pan Pacific RV Center
Stop by Pan Pacific RV this summer to shop for a new RV. Tour any RV in the inventory and learn more about the models that interest you. If you’re not on the market for an RV, Pan Pacific RV can still help you with RV service before you hit the road.