Celebrate National Salad Month with this healthy quinoa salad recipe. It’s easy to make in your RV and makes for a good lunch if you’re looking for something light and refreshing. Make it in your RV before you embark on a hike and eat it on the trail when you get hungry!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1½ cup dry quinoa
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ teaspoon dry basil, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed between your fingers
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- ⅓ cup roasted red bell pepper, drained and chopped
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup basil, thinly slivered
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions with ½ teaspoon salt added to the water. Cool completely.
- Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pressed garlic, basil and thyme. Whisk until well combined. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- To a large serving bowl, add the quinoa, arugula, garbanzo beans, red bell pepper, kalamata olives, and feta cheese.
- Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with basil. Season to taste. Serve at room temperature.
Visit Pan Pacific RV
Stop by Pan Pacific RV this summer to shop for a new RV. Tour any RV in the inventory and learn more about the models that interest you. If you’re not on the market for an RV, Pan Pacific RV can still help you with RV service before you hit the road.